Red-tailed Hawk Story – 2015 “F” Season is in the Books

Cornell Hawks nestcam fans – if you are on Facebook, I made a similar post this morning, so there is no need for you to read this (very short) post. Although the story never ends, all 2015 document links have been moved to historical links (right-hand side of the blog, along with all of the 2014, 2013, and 2012 material.) Please keep the RFJ bookmarked for future reference so you can access information and documentation on all nestcam seasons so far.

If you find my off-season “other” material annoying, please note that there are directions (one-click) how to see ONLY Cornell Hawks blog posts. I made a personal decision early this year to not make a separate Hawk blog. It’s all part of my life and for reasons I won’t get into, it was important to me to keep it all together.

You will need scroll down a bit to the links that start out with GENERAL RESOURCES – BIRDS and continue through with the Cornell Hawks specific information. These links are moved further up the page during the nesting season and dropped down during the off-season to accommodate other content.

Be sure to follow the BOGs throughout the year for livestreaming of the Cornell Hawks and other raptor families. See the feature on Karel and BOGette located on the right-hand side of this blog. The days that BR and Ez are not followed by their paparazzi are – uh – almost never!

A Season Flashback

16 Comments

1. Pike Cottage says:

Fantastic Flashback Elly! Thank you as always. Pike Cottage

Liked by 2 people

2. cheryl kindschy says:

Thank you Elly for your work. Loved the pics today and I could identify with post of the photos. Looking forward
    To next season. My favorite me time to watch th hawks.

You a lot of work and we all love it. Thank you again.

Loved seeing E3 again..

Liked by 1 person

3. Carol Creech says:

Wonderful slideshow! Thanks Elly.

Liked by 2 people

4. Such great memories – – tears of joy in watching this video. Thanks for all you do, Elly!

Liked by 2 people

5. Terry says:

Thanks so much for a really enjoyable spring and summer. I’m looking forward to next year already.

Liked by 1 person

6. Maureen says:

Elly, it’s a gorgeous slideshow with beautiful musical accompaniment! I’ve already watched it four times and plan to show it to my former 7th graders (now in 8th!) tomorrow morning on the ActivBoard at school. The students experienced the Fs’ season from incubation right up until 2 weeks before fledging. Just when I thought nothing could come close to the Es, along came the F-Troop, and I was totally smitten once again! Some bittersweet moments in seeing F2, but she sure was a beauty. I still feel a tug on my heart thinking about her. Thank you for such a lovely, loving tribute to Big Red, Ezra and their babes!

Liked by 2 people

• elly k says:

Hi Maureen, thank you so much for your touching words and I hope that your students enjoy the slideshow! I’m so happy that teachers are sharing with their students the joy of Big Red and Ezra and all we can learn from them. And F2…oh, I know exactly what you mean….

Liked by 1 person

7. Jean "CrabtowneMd" says:

Loved it Elly. Wonderful memories and great choice of music. Thank you.

Liked by 1 person

8. GhentArt (@GhentArt) says:

Thank you so much, Elly. I was smiling and crying as I watched your beautiful recap, especially remembering the wonderful camaraderie of all the peeps who shared this season. For the record, I enjoy and am enriched by all aspects of your blog! β€” Fondly, GhentArt

Liked by 1 person

• elly k says:

Hi Ghent! Thank you so much! It is funny because I posted this Fledge video after all 3 fledges but I think what happened was that people were too overwhelmed with all the excitement – so now that it’s been awhile more people are able to just watch it. I am glad! And thanks for reading the “other stuff” too! πŸ™‚